Pages

1.23.2011

Magdalena WiP

For my Printmaking II class, we are starting off with collagraphs, which is a cross between collage and printmaking.  Various textures are glued to a board and used to make prints.

We had to use a song so I went with Magdalena by A Perfect Circle.  This is roughly what the textures are going to look like.  It's going to be really tricky making dollars out of contact paper.  I am so not looking forward to that. 

I've been living in the print lab all weekend and I've only done one print.  The rest has been discovering how not to do this assignment.  I had to trace the little pole dancers five or six times before figuring out how it should have been done.  I just hope they are still recognized as humanoid in the final print.

Now onto the fun of cutting and gluing all the textures!  Yay?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails