Pages

2.17.2009

Visiting Artist

So yesterday in Digital Media for Print, the local artist Michael J. Williams visited. He went through several of his pieces, and explained his process of sketching, shooting and compiling photos, and making the final piece. He explained in detail how to make and use brushes in Corel Painter and then did a demo. I haven't used Painter before, but after seeing his work, and knowing full well that most professionals are using it, I definitely want to learn how to use it; though maybe not right now since I went and got the new Adobe package and need to learn Photoshop better first of all. When I have the money and the time though I'm certainly getting it.

Mike Williams has done work for Call of Cthulhu, Legend of the Five Rings, and a few other card companies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails