Pages

11.18.2010

Army of Toys WiP 1

For my Poster Design class, we are doing gig posters, so I decided to do Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys, who I heard back in October when I went to New York.

I was going to go with a straight-forward idea of a group of broken toys and use Tinkertoys and blocks as letters.  Then I found pictures from the Island of the Dolls and thought maybe I'd do something with creepy dolls.  Based on my professor's suggestion of just using a single doll head and maybe putting the text in the hair, I made this, combining that idea and the band's motif of squids in their publicity photos.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the text separate using a preexisting font, or try to make the test more of the piece.

I am going to use printmaking to make the final piece.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails